Kisses are one of the most beautiful and affectionate gestures you can have with someone. It is an expression of love, tenderness and respect that can have many meanings depending on the circumstances in which it occurs and the place where you give it. However, they almost always have positive connotations that will make the recipient feel special.
What is the point of a kiss on the head? How should I interpret it? This kiss is one of the most complexes to decipher, so in the following Handsome & Men article we will explain what a kiss on the head means and we will share with you everything you need to know about this gesture.
The more maternal side
Kissing the head is a very common action towards children, as well as between parents and children or between other members of the same family. For this reason, a kiss on the head is read as a gesture that denotes affection and deep love, as well as the need to convey comfort, protection and emotional stability to the other person.
In short, it is common to receive or give this kiss in family contexts, since it is a safe space in which we feel comfortable expressing the love that binds us to the other person. However, and as we will see later, this kiss can also be common between couples or lovers, since it expresses a desire to care for and thank the other.
The kiss on the head as a sign of protection
Closely linked to the meaning of the kiss on the head as an expression of the maternal spirit, this gesture also has protective connotations. You are only going to give this kiss to a very loved one who is within your family or the most intimate circle of friends that surrounds you, since it is an intimate and sentimental kiss.
In this sense, the kiss on the head is a sign of will and desire to protect the other person. You want the best in his life and, above all, that nothing bad happens to him. Their well-being is largely yours, so you put their interests before what is best for you.
The kiss on the head as a sign that he needs you
A kiss on the head, as we are seeing, has many meanings. Another of them is to show need: either in the center of the hair or closer to the forehead, it is a show of affection and a certain dependence on the part of someone who needs to have you by their side.
Consider yourself lucky if you receive this kiss, as you will be someone very important in that person’s life. Although it may seem like a simple gesture of affection, this kiss holds many feelings, so do not forget that that person needs you to feel complete.
The most tender kiss
Among the senses that a kiss on the head can have, one of the most prominent is that of tenderness. Even if you take for granted the affection you profess or receive for someone, a good demonstration is always appreciated, and, in this sense, the kiss on the head is one of the most effective.
This kiss, despite having a place in any type of relationship with strong emotional ties, is especially significant in a couple. It is a great way to show how you feel to be with someone and to make clear the desire to always be together.
You are the most important thing in his life
Being the most important person in someone’s life is impossible to match and very difficult to know for sure if the other person does not communicate it to you. However, there are small gestures that can end up showing you; If you receive this kiss, you can have the conviction that you are one of the most special people in the life of the other.
Therefore, a kiss on the head means that you are essential in someone’s life and that that person wants you by their side no matter what happens. In this case, you may also be interested in finding out what is the meaning of a kiss on the forehead.
Other types of kisses
Finding out what a kiss on the head means is a more complicated task than it may seem at first. However, and as we have already shown, taking into account the person who gives it and the context in which it happens, you can decipher it without problems.
The meaning of kisses is very different depending on the type it is, therefore, from H&M, we help you understand them a little better:
- Eskimo kiss: it is a kiss that is given with the nose and that is common both between mothers / fathers and young children as well as between couples. It is a naive, tender and sweet kiss that only happens if you have a lot of trust with the other person. It denotes extreme affection for the other.
- On the forehead: very similar to the meaning of the kiss on the head, since respect, tenderness and admiration predominate. Although it is also common between members of the same family, this is also very relevant between couples.
- French kiss: it basically occurs in the framework of a couple, because it wastes passionate and romantic feelings. This kiss also has a high erotic component.
- On the cheek: it is the most common to greet, so it can only denote friendliness and education. However, in the context of a friendship or a couple, this kiss can express intense affection and the desire to get to know the other person better.
- On the hand: you give this kiss to someone for whom you have great admiration. Also, you show a lot of respect and education for that person. Do you want more information about What is the meaning of a kiss on the hand? From H&M we suggest you follow this link.
- A peak: for this kiss, the lips of both come into contact without actually using their tongues. Physical attraction is obvious, but it can occur both between friends and in a romantic relationship, so it is not considered a particularly deep kiss.
- On the ear: it is another kiss with a very accentuated sexual component, since it is ideal for foreplay that has the aim of intensifying a sexual relationship.
- On the neck: as we said in the previous kiss, this shows that you want to start intimate relationships with someone. The attraction between both people is maximum and is clear. In this other article about What does a kiss on the neck mean find more information about this gesture.
- Air kiss: it is a way to say goodbye to someone with a significant emotional component, as it breaks with the coldness of a wave or two typical kisses on the cheeks.
If you have not yet given your first kiss and you are not sure what you should do, do not hesitate to visit this article on Tips for the first kiss, because in it we share some essential tricks that you should know.