How To Talk With The Girl I Like
1 Catch her eye and attention . You don’t have to do anything elaborate or dramatic to do this — in fact, you probably shouldn’t. Just smile at her from across the room, excuse yourself as you brush past her, or just lock eyes, look away, and then look back at her after enough time has passed. You don’t have to say hi to her the second you notice her; instead, you can spend some time making her curious about you first. If you already know the girl, of course, then don’t play too hard to get and go right up and say hi to her. If you feel you have the confidence, why not introduce yourself?
- Make sure to keep up confident body language as you approach. Keep your head up high, your gaze straight ahead of you, and maintain good posture as you approach her.
- If you wait too long to say hello, she might feel like she’s getting ignored
2 Introduce yourself as you are. All you have to do is say, “Hello, I’m Joe — what’s your name?” Or, “I’m Joe. It’s nice to meet you.” You could also start by asking her about something you have in common, such as a class you both share. When she responds and gives you her name, reach out and lightly shake her hand. Don’t be awkward about it. Sure, it may feel a little old school, but it’s the way mature people introduce themselves. If you already know the girl, you can just say hi and make sure to use her name.
- Once you know the girl’s name, use it a few times so she thinks that you’re really invested in the conversation and care about what she has to say. Just once or twice is enough.
3 Be chill with her . Loosen up and let this girl see who you really are. If you’re a goofy, funny guy, make her laugh. If you’re more serious, talk to her about topics that are interesting and meaningful without being too serious instead of cracking tons of jokes — unless jokes are your thing. Also, while you need to find out about her, you also need to tell her yourself so that she can get to know you. This is a part of being yourself. But whatever you do, make sure you don’t spend the whole time talking about yourself, ask her about herself and even if you’re not, you should act genuinely interested in her answer. Talk With Girls I
- Remember that, while it’s important to be yourself, you should hold back on the more eccentric stuff, the kind of qualities that make people say, “You have to get to know him first…” You don’t want to creep her out! Try to talk about things she might be interested in as well.
How To Talk With A Girl You Like
Natural Smile. This can help a lot to talk with a girl. It shows that you are enjoying the conversation and that you feel comfortable, which will make the girl continue talking with you. Try to have a natural expression that has your lips slightly upturned in a smile, and at the appropriate moments, smile bigger and grin. You don’t have to smile the whole time, but smiling at key moments at the beginning of a conversation can make the girl feel appreciated. If she says something funny, laugh.
- Smiling will put the girl at ease and will make her feel like you really like what she has to say.
- Don’t smile the whole time, obviously, or you’ll look nervous, or even constipated.
Stay away from the personal stuff. If you like the girl, then sure, the goal is to get to know her on a deep level eventually, but that doesn’t mean you should talk about your grief over your grandmother’s death or to describe the rash on your back in great detail seconds after you meet. Instead, pick light topics that are inoffensive and are easy to talk about, such as your pets, favorite bands, or hobbies, so that you don’t make the girl uncomfortable before you really get to know each other. Showing you care in the smallest ways, can make their whole day better.
- Picking light topics to start off doesn’t mean you have to pick boring topics. You don’t have to talk about the weather just to avoid saying anything slightly personal. Unless you live somewhere where people are actually interested in the weather, then talk about it.
- Follow the flow of the conversation. Sometimes two people really hit it off and start opening up to each other much faster than they would expect. If the girl starts opening up to you and really trusts you, you can hold back a bit less, too.