Taking care of your face is essential to look good and feel better. Although it is true that the skin of the face is very sensitive and is constantly exposed to environmental factors such as cold, sun rays and dryness, having a hydrated, smooth and well-groomed face is possible with some basic and good advice Natural medicine.
Exfoliating, nourishing and moisturizing the face is essential to have a healthy and well-nourished complexion, so if you are wondering how to improve the skin of the face, do not miss the tips and steps that we offer you below in Handsome & Men. In addition, it should be added that although many people wonder how to improve facial skin in men, these tips are valid and effective both for them and for them.
Stay hydrated constantly
We start with an obvious but fundamental tip that many people ignore and that can completely change the appearance of your complexion. Staying hydrated is essential to combat dry skin problems and to improve your overall health.
In addition to drinking a lot of water (between 1.5 and 2 liters a day), at UNCOMO we recommend increasing your consumption of fruits and vegetables, foods that will help unite the collagen fibers of the skin and make your skin look more elastic and young.
Protect yourself from the sun
The sun is one of the great enemies of our skin. It is true that sun exposure is beneficial in small amounts, since it promotes the production of vitamin D in our body, however, too much sun can be very counterproductive to our health.
The sunscreen is not only basic to avoid burning yourself , but it is also to combat premature aging of the skin, smearing and extreme dryness producing sunlight as well as multiple skin diseases caused by the absorption of harmful UV rays. We offer you some tips:
- Limited exposure: Limit your exposure to the sun, especially if you haven’t tanned in a while. Keep in mind that the first days you will have enough with 10-15 minutes.
- Gradual exposure: try to start exposing to the sun gradually. First 10 minutes, the next day 15, the next 20, etc., so you will give your skin time to get used to it.
- Wear sunglasses: in addition to protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays, sunglasses will also protect the skin on your eyelids and around the eyes, one of the most delicate areas.
- Frequent sun protection: put on factor 30 or 50 sun protection about 30 minutes before starting the exposure. Do not forget to repeat the process frequently, especially after a bath or sweating a lot.
Carry out regular facial cleanses
Washing your face daily is essential to keep your skin clean and hydrated, especially if you usually wear makeup. From Handsosme & Men we recommend choosing good cleansing gels that are natural and chemical-free to respect the qualities of your skin.
Prioritize oil-based products and also apply a good toner and moisturizer at the end of the cleansing ritual for a more complete care. Once a week, we recommend exfoliating your skin to remove dead skin cells and allow it to better absorb the products you use.
Get away from the smoke
You already know that tobacco is very harmful to health, but did you know that its harmful effects not only affect the respiratory and cardiovascular system, but also directly influence the health of your skin?
This substance is one of the main causes of dehydration in the skin, since contact with the smoke causes it to become brittle and lose its flexibility. Also, smoking reduces the oxygenation of the cells, which results in a darkening of the skin, which appears gray and dull.
In short, tobacco affects skin health and intensifies premature aging of the skin, causing irreparable damage.
Watch your diet
A good diet not only allows you to be healthy on the inside, but also on the outside. In the case of the skin, maintaining a healthy and balanced diet will help you repair and rebuild its cells and, therefore, regenerate your skin. This regeneration occurs every 3 or 5 weeks, so always maintaining a healthy diet will slow down premature skin aging.
To achieve this, the key is to consume natural products and avoid processed foods with high loads of chemicals and preservatives. Remember that the more natural and less adulterated the food is, the healthier it will be and the more this will be reflected on your skin. Eat, first of all, fruits and vegetables.
Say goodbye to sugars
Following the trend of the diet, sugars deserve a special section. And if you want to have healthy skin, you should say goodbye to products full of added sugars. This is because regular sugar consumption damages collagen fibers and promotes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Sugar is addictive and can inflame our face, so from Handsome & Men we recommend eliminating it from your diet or limiting its consumption a lot.
Another of the excesses that play a trick on the skin of the face is alcohol, since ingested in large quantities causes premature aging of the skin and causes redness caused by the increase in blood vessels in the face.
Likewise, alcohol can lead to acne, dry eczema and even spider veins, so reducing its consumption as much as possible is essential.
Detoxify your body
Cleaning and detoxifying your body are essential if you wonder how it will also translate into an improvement in the skin of the face, since by purifying your body you will be able to eliminate the accumulation of toxins. Take diuretic teas and infusions (such as green tea, black tea or horsetail) to help you eliminate these toxins and in a short time you will see how your face deflates (due to the elimination of retained liquids) and how your skin looks great smoother and brighter.
Rest the recommended hours
Do you have dark circles, gray skin and feel tight? The safest thing is that they are the consequences of a bad rest. And it is that sleeping well is essential not only to feel better, but to show off a much brighter and more careful face.
Keep in mind that the skin regenerates during the night, since it is when collagen is manufactured and when the blood flows better, so it is essential to sleep between 7 and 9 hours a day to promote this cellular reconstruction. Do not forget to carry out your facial cleansing routine before going to bed, as this will enhance the effects of this regeneration.
Exercise to improve facial skin
Playing sports will allow you to feel much healthier, which will also be reflected in the skin of your face. Thanks to exercise, the circulation of oxygen and nutrients increases, while sweat allows you to eliminate all those toxins that your body does not need.
However, there are also facial exercises that are designed precisely to improve the elasticity of the face and slow down premature aging, as well as the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Learn to control anxiety
This advice may surprise you, but the truth is that constant stress and anxiety, as well as depression and other disorders, can have a direct impact on the health of your skin. This is mainly because the symptoms of stress and anxiety often include the appearance of pimples on the skin or psychogenic hives.
To remedy this problem, nothing better than controlling what you eat (be careful with sugars, caffeine and theine) and practicing exercise, yoga and / or meditation.
Foods to improve facial skin
As we have already said, eating a balanced diet is essential to maintain healthy skin and improve the appearance of your face. Therefore, from Handsome & Men, we invite you to add the following foods to your weekly menu:
- Citrus fruits: they are rich in vitamin C and are considered great antioxidants that directly influence the production of collagen and protein. Lemon, orange, lime, mandarin or grapefruit, among other citrus fruits, cannot be missing from your diet.
- Green leafy vegetables: rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, these vegetables stimulate the regeneration of the skin. Add to your dishes cabbage, celery, spinach, lettuce, chard, arugula, kale …
- Red fruits: thanks to their high content of vitamin C and flavonoids, red fruits have an antioxidant power that reduces the damaging effect of free radicals, that is, they avoid cell destruction and prevent premature aging. Add blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries to your menus.
- Nuts: they are rich in vitamin E and they are indicated in the protection of the skin thanks to the fact that they reduce the oxidation of the cells. Eat pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, or walnuts.
- Olive oil: its high content of vitamin E helps protect cells from oxidative stress, therefore, it is recommended to add raw olive oil to meals to take full advantage of its properties.
- Meat and Eggs: Both are sources of protein, vitamin B6, and selenium. Thanks to their composition, they allow to stop the loss of muscular tone in the skin of the face, thus avoiding premature aging and reducing the lack of elasticity. Remember, yes, not abuse these foods, but complement the rest.
- Seeds: chia seeds provide amino acids that combat the appearance of wrinkles or dryness. For their part, sesame seeds provide healthy fats and methionine, an essential amino acid for the formation of collagen.
- Vegetables: the nutritional composition of carrots, for example, helps reduce sagging and wrinkles, while cucumber is perfect for keeping us hydrated and cleaning our skin in depth.
How to improve facial skin with home remedies
To maintain a healthy and flawless skin, bet on home and natural remedies. Thanks to the natural masks that we propose below, you will be able to provide hydration, nutrition and beauty to your face, so if you wonder how to take care of the skin of the face from home, follow these proposals.
Homemade sugar-based scrub
Fine sugar is exceptional for making homemade scrubs, as its texture can polish the skin and remove impurities and dead cells in a single massage. If you want to know how to improve the skin of the face with open pores, follow these steps:
- Mix half a cup of sugar with two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the paste on your face in circular motions.
- 10 minutes later, remove it with plenty of water.
Natural moisturizing mask
To end the dryness and tightness of the face, we recommend that you prepare this simple and quick remedy. Wondering how to improve thick skin on your face? Follow these steps:
- Cut and mash the cucumber well. If you have a blender, we recommend blending it.
- Add two tablespoons of natural yogurt to the cucumber and mix both ingredients.
- Apply the mask to your face in circular motions.
- Relax for 15 minutes and remove the paste with plenty of cold water.
Hydrating mask for a brighter complexion
Do you want to know how to improve the dry skin of the face so that it regains its elasticity and its natural radiance? Prepare two tablespoons of oatmeal, two tablespoons of plain yogurt and one of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face in circular motions. Remember that your skin must be very clean, so do not hesitate to exfoliate it before using this mask.
- Let the mask work for 15 minutes and remove with warm water.
Supplements to improve facial skin
In addition to the foods and home remedies that we have proposed, if you wonder how to take care of your facial skin, you should know that there are some nutritional supplements that can provide you with vitamins and antioxidant formulas to improve your health. In case you want to treat specific problems such as acne or cellular aging, we recommend you to carry out a good diet and have a daily skin care routine with adapted products.
Supplements such as vitamin B3, zinc, heliocare or coenzyme Q10, among others, will help you optimize the results of your daily care. Spirulina, a supplement that promotes cell regeneration, fights dry skin, and delays the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging may also be useful.
If you want to introduce any of these supplements into your diet but you are already taking any medication, it is essential that you consult your doctor in advance so that one treatment does not cancel the other.
Treatments to improve facial skin
Although home remedies are perfect for a complete facial care routine and to see great benefits in the medium and long term, there are professional treatments that can help remedy certain problems if you want to improve some aspects of your complexion more quickly. We present some of the most common and effective:
- Facial radiofrequency: it is a rejuvenation technique, because through the latest technology equipment, radiofrequency works directly with the muscles of the face to stimulate skin regeneration. If you want to regain the firmness of your skin, this treatment is a success.
- Microdermabrasion: an aesthetic treatment in which a mechanical peeling is done to remove the most superficial layers of the skin and achieve a more rejuvenated face (it can eliminate wrinkles and expression lines) and free of blemishes. Within this category we find some outstanding therapies such as the pulsed light system, calcium hydroxyapatite filling, tensioning threads, collagen regenerator or facial mesotherapy, all of them designed to reduce the signs of aging.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments: in this category there are multiple treatments aimed at reducing or eliminating both wrinkles and expression lines. Hyaluronic or polylactic acid fillers are the best known, although there are also other techniques such as facial biostimulation or global lifting.
- Facial hydration treatments: facial hydration treatments are intended to enhance the elasticity of the skin, while protecting it from external aggressions and dehydration.
- Anti-acne treatments: through facial chemical peeling, facial oxygenation, mesotherapy or hyaluronic acid, skin affected by acne can be treated, so if you want to restore the smoothness and natural brightness of the face, this option is the one more suitable.
Probably you wanna read: