When we like a person too much and we have been sharing many experiences with her, even without having had a relationship as such, it is difficult for us to forget that person, especially if he has left a large emotional mark on us. How to forget a person you love? How to forget someone you like a lot? In this Handsome & Men article, we are going to give you a series of useful tips so that you can finally know how to forget that person that you like and do not correspond to you.
Why is it hard to forget someone you really like?
How to forget someone? Some of the most common causes for which it is difficult for us to forget someone we really like are the following:
- Being in love: As we said before, when we fall in love, even our brain chemistry changes and it really is as if in those moments we find ourselves being and acting as if we were another person. A person in love is capable of doing almost any kind of crazy thing for the loved one without even thinking about the possible consequences, we idealize that person too much, even thinking that he is perfect, we love his company and we feel the famous “butterflies in the stomach” just by looking at it. This causes that separating from her causes us so much pain and frustration.
- Having spent a lot of time with him or her: Another important issue to take into account is the time we invest in that person, especially if we used to frequent them a lot and it was even part of our daily routine. So now that we are without it, we can feel alone and out of place.
- Having had many things in common: when we felt a very strong connection with another person, we felt easily understood by them and we had many things in common that we liked, this means that the bond that had united us has been very strong, so Obviously it becomes more difficult to overcome the term of the relationship.
- Still having contact with him or her: when we like a person a lot, if we try to forget them but continue to maintain contact with them, it is more difficult for us to overcome them. This is because staying in touch causes us not to lose hope to be by his side again and we live as in a kind of emotional roller coaster that does not allow us to be calm.
- Be aware of what he does: when we have, for example, that person in social networks and we are constantly looking at what he does or does not do, what is in his life, who he is dating, etc., we only do that our pain lasts longer.
- Having friends in common: when you have friends in common with the person you like a lot, it is more difficult to forget her, since she will always remain the subject of conversation between them and you will even have to live with her continuously, which will make your process of overcoming more difficult .
Can you forget someone you like?
Can you forget someone you really like? You may feel that the pain you have now will never go away, but the reality is that over time you can forget someone you like. This pain is caused in part by your own thoughts that keep invading your mind at every moment.
The thoughts that you have every day about everything you lived with that person and that now seem to be having them at every moment, will not allow you to carry out your daily routine in a normal way or be calm, although at this moment what you are experiencing be positive. So that this does not happen, here are some tips on how to forget a man or woman who you like but who no longer loves you.
10 Tips to forget someone who no longer loves you
How to forget a person you love? When we fall in love with someone, even our brain chemistry changes and this gives us the feeling of wanting to be with that person all the time, we feel that our world revolves around them and we experience twice the happiness when we are by their side. However, when we are no longer with that person, the opposite happens and that great happiness can truly turn into a nightmare. If you find yourself in this situation and you don’t know how to get over your ex, here are the tips to forget someone who no longer loves you:
- Lose contact with that person. It is necessary, at least until you have overcome that situation, that you totally lose contact with the person you really like. Stop following her on social media, going to places where she usually goes frequently, talking to her constantly, etc. At least for a while, try not to know anything about that person.
- Take time to yourself. If you wonder how to get over a person, stop spending time talking about that person, trying to find and / or think about them and focus on yourself. Remember the things you enjoy so much, your hobbies, spend time with your friends, family and the people that matter most to you. Try to do what you can to increase your individual well-being and dedicate yourself to that alone.
- Do exercise. If you feel sad, dejected and have constant thoughts about what you lived with that person, exercise will help you increase your emotional and physical well-being, it will increase your energy and enthusiasm, which will help you to forget that person. person.
- Avoid talking about that person. If you want to vent, talk about your feelings with a trusted person or two. What it is not recommended that you do is that you talk to each and every one of the people you know about the one you like a lot, since you reinforce more and more what you feel about her, you remember her at all times and, therefore , it will take much longer to forget it.
- Get rid of the objects that remind you of him or her: it is not necessary to throw away everything related to that person because perhaps one day you will find it funny to recover certain things, when they no longer produce painful memories. Even so, while you try to move on with your life, it is best to save it and not have it in sight to avoid being reminded of that person every time you see them.
- Give time to the time. Do not despair if now you feel unable to forget that person, it is normal for that to happen to you, however, over time that feeling will diminish and you will be able to feel better little by little.
- Focus your mind on the present moment: put all your attention on it so that those thoughts of anguish and pain caused by the separation with that person, cease more and more. A tool that is very useful so that you can achieve it and train your mind to be more in the here and now, is mindfulness or meditation, which will help you find more calm and tranquility in your day to day and eliminate those thoughts that only cause you unnecessary suffering.
- Work on your self-esteem: be the best version of yourself doing things that you like or are good at. Having a positive view of yourself will help you forget that person.
- Spend time with your loved ones: There may be times when you don’t feel up to being with anyone. Even so, it is important that you do not withdraw from the people who love you. Spending time with them will help you feel better.
- Meet new people – Give yourself the opportunity to socialize with new people. Enjoying those moments will help you not think so much about your past and move on.
Probably you wanna read: