Are your arms excessively thin? Do they tend to sag? If this happens to you, a proper diet and an exercise routine designed to develop the muscles in the area are the key to fattening your arms and gaining muscle mass in a healthy and effective way.
Especially with the arrival of good weather, when short sleeves and dresses with necklines such as halter or strapless are imposed, having beautiful and well-contoured arms becomes a goal for many. If this is your case, at Handsome & Men we will tell you how to fatten your arms and we will teach you, step by step, the simplest and most effective arm exercises to achieve your goal.
Biceps are the muscles that go from the shoulder to the elbow, and exercising them is essential to increase their volume. Well-exercised biceps will give your upper arm a nice, slightly rounded shape.
The bicep curl is one of the most effective and easy-to-use arm fattening exercises at home. You can do this simply with a dumbbell or any other object that adds weight to the movement (for example, a bottle of water or a thick book). If you are ready, these are the steps to follow:
- Stand upright, with your legs separated at the same height as your shoulders and with your arms stretched out and glued to the sides of your torso.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with a supine grip, that is, with your fists turned, facing you. Do not abuse the weight, with ½ – 1 kilogram is more than enough.
- Once in position, the exercise consists of flexing the elbow and bringing the dumbbell towards your shoulder. Try to do it without detaching your elbow. It descends slowly.
- Repeat alternately with each of your arms, at a light pace, at least 8-10 times.
Twists with arms extended
If you want to know how to get fat without going to the gym, this exercise is perfect, since you don’t require extra tools or do a hard workout. It is very easy and with it you work all the muscles of the arm, including forearms and wrists.
- Standing with your arms stretched out to the side (in a cross) and palms down, make small circles, 5 times forward and 5 times back.
- Rest for a few seconds by lowering your arms, and then repeat the exercise but this time making larger circles.
- Take another breath and repeat the movement with your arms crossed and palms up (again five times each way).
- To finish, do the same exercise, this time with your hands vertically, that is, with the tips of your fingers up as if you were pushing two imaginary walls. Rotate your arms again, first forward and then back.
Combined with a protein-rich diet and other physical activities, this exercise for fattening arms and wrists is more effective than meets the eye.
Extensions are an excellent exercise to tone and gain volume in both biceps and triceps. Again, you will need dumbbells or objects of similar weight.
- Standing with your legs hip-width apart, take a dumbbell in each hand and bring them up in front of each of your shoulders (elbows flexed).
- From this position, fully stretch both arms by raising the dumbbells above your head and towards the ceiling.
- Hold for a few seconds, slowly bend your elbows and return to the starting position.
- Your back should be straight at all times, but without stressing it. Your gaze should stay forward.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
The funds are not lacking in any arm training routine that you can do in the gym, but there are options for you to also do them at home and thus get fatter your arms, especially the back, where the triceps are.
To do this exercise you only need a chair, whose backrest must be well supported against a wall to prevent it from moving and you can injure yourself.
- Sit in the chair placing the palms of your hands on the seat as well.
- Your legs should be straight forward, leaning on your heels and with your knees slightly bent to facilitate the next movement.
- The exercise consists of moving your buttocks forward while placing your weight firmly on your hands on the seat.
- At this point, slowly bend your elbows and lower your glutes. Go up and down at least 8 times while your triceps work hard.
Push-ups are another ideal classic for fattening arms while also working the muscles of the back and abdomen. They are very easy exercises to do at home and to incorporate into your weekly exercise routine, so pay attention to the steps:
- While on your stomach, bend your elbows and rest the palms of your hands on a mat or mat. Leave them glued to your sides.
- Extend your arms as you raise your torso.
- Your entire body should be aligned, so you should keep your head slightly down, your back straight, and your legs perfectly straight while leaning on your toes.
- Most of your weight should be on your arms.
- Hold the pose for a few seconds and slowly lower yourself. Repeat 8-10 times.
If you are a beginner and push-ups are too difficult, try doing them face down, but with your knees supported. This will make it easier for you and the arm exercise will be just as effective.
The punch is a very simple exercise, but it involves different muscle groups of the upper body, not only arms but also shoulders and back. Basically, it involves throwing your fists in a gesture similar to what is done in boxing training. Combine aerobic movement with strength, so that you can increase the muscle mass of the arms and their strength. The correct way to do it is as follows:
- Stand upright, with the soles of your feet well supported and your arms in a guard position, that is, elbows bent and fists clenched, together and at the level of your mouth.
- From this position, he throws one of the fists in a firm, dry blow. The extended arm must be well stretched and parallel to the ground, while the other remains tucked.
- Change and repeat the gesture with the opposite arm at the time you contract the one you had thrown.
- You must alternate the punches with each arm quickly, but marking the movement well. Your back must remain straight, trying not to throw your torso forward when throwing your fist.
Foods that fatten the arms
A constant and specialized exercise routine is the key to making your arms gain volume, but a proper diet will also help you achieve this.
If you want to know how to fatten arms and wrists, you need to increase your intake of foods rich in protein, because this macronutrient is essential for muscle development. Meat, fish and eggs must be basic ingredients on your menu.
In addition to animal proteins, you can combine these with other foods that are a source of vegetable protein such as legumes, soybeans and some nuts such as almonds or pumpkin seeds. Nuts are great as a mid-morning snack, so it’s easy to include them in your diet.
Finally, remember that to fatten your arms, the muscles that give it its shape need water to develop correctly, so juices, infusions and, of course, a correct intake of water cannot be lacking in a balanced diet to fatten the arms.