Massages are a relaxing and therapeutic experience whose effects go beyond the pleasure of receiving them. The benefits of massages act on a physical and emotional level, producing a regeneration in the entire body.
When receiving a massage it is possible to identify the sensations and the changes that occur at the level of breathing, openness, well-being and calm. You experience a relief in muscle tension, which helps to loosen on a mental level. Other subtle changes due to neural and nerve transmissions occur at the same time, resulting in deep relaxation.
Why are massages fashionable today?
Our society operates at a pace that requires some adaptive stress. This type of stress is not the same that we used to flee from the lions when we walked through the caves, but it is a stress maintained over time.
A creates continuous stress muscle tension and a feeling of tiredness, which often, we fail to restore during sleep. That is why massages are ideal for this type of situation so common in our present, since they relax the muscles and stimulate blood flow.
On the other hand, it gives greater oxygenation of the body, they relieve pain and reduce stress. By releasing tensions, points of tension are released, relaxing all the senses, so they are also good for being able to sleep better.
Benefits of massages: how do they improve our quality of life?
- The sense of touch is the largest sensorial receptor that our body has. Through physical contact, attention and communication processes improve, in addition to the feeling of closeness and inclusion. This generates oxytocin in the brain, the hormone of happiness.
As Oscar Wilde used to say:
“Heal the soul through the senses and the senses through the soul!”
- Another benefit of massage is to improve the lymphatic system and favors circulation, since it increases the flow of lymphatic fluid, improving the lymph node system, which is responsible for ending toxins in our body. It also produces an increase in the supply of oxygen to tissues and organs, which benefits overall health, helping to fight cellulite.
Likewise, and in line with the increase in oxygenation, massage reduces migraines and headaches, when they are mainly associated with stress factors and pressure routines and little time.
- Improves flexibility, essential for athletes, relieves muscles and releases muscle tension caused by regular training routines.
- They help us recover from fatigue since they balance the sympathetic system with the parasympathetic one. To find a balance between both nervous systems, it is first necessary to relax the sympathetic system and one of the most effective ways to do this is by stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system through massage.
- Massages help stimulate the respiratory system by deepening and stabilizing breathing patterns. They make an inspiration to be longer and as a consequence, hold and expiration slow down. For those with asthma attacks, massage therapy helps reduce the frequency of these attacks through relaxation.
Benefits of each massage and the effects of including them in our routine
Neck and back massage
Neck and back massage:
- It stimulates points that help all the body’s functions to be performed more easily and in a correct way.
- It restores balance to the body and increases the vitality of the individual.
- It promotes the self-healing capacity of the person.
- Especially good for removing tension from shoulders, neck and back.
Enjoying a massage of these characteristics a week will have a decontracting and stress-relieving effect . Little by little the tensions in the back, neck and shoulders will disappear and give way to a more flexible, healthy and vital spine. It is perfect for releasing stress and walking through life with more health, joy and serenity.
Head and face massage
Head and face massage:
- Increases blood flow in that area with all that this entails.
- Eliminate dullness and overthinking.
- Improve headaches.
- It helps to sleep.
- Relaxes the face and keeps the skin in a healthy and luminous state.
Including this massage in your routine translates into: greater mental clarity, more body-mind harmony, being more in presence and less in the head and relieving tension in the head, face and neck. On the other hand, you give the skin the necessary care to regenerate, oxygenate and look healthy and luminous.
Foot and leg massage
Acting on the reflex points of the feet:
- Nerve pathways are stimulated,
- The function of the organ or the part of the body that is tense, congested or damaged is stimulated, providing balance.
Including it in the weekly routine is ideal for treating any type of physical or emotional blockage. As the feet are a reflection of our body, by working the areas where there are problems are smoothed, so that the health of the person is improved. In general, it improves the functioning of the body’s systems , whether or not there is a health problem.
Full body massage
The whole body massage:
- It acts on the nervous system by stimulating points near the spine.
- Balance all the functions of the body.
- It causes the regeneration of cells and tissues and the body’s self-healing capacity.
- Regulates the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems of the autonomic nervous system.
- Highly effective for better rest and to deal with stress.
Including the full body massage in your weekly routine can be a before and after. It is very gratifying to become aware of your body rhythms, your needs for rest, when to eat and when not to eat. In general, it facilitates the change of life towards healthier habits. Contact with the body leads us to walk inevitably to better health. In addition, the whole body massage helps to correct any physical or emotional imbalance, be it more superficial or deep, the changes will be noticed little by little.