The suspenders are a clothing accessory, from England, that fulfills the function of holding the pants in place, preventing them from falling. This accessory has a masculine origin, although currently some women also wear them, and many pants come standard with interior buttons to fix the straps. If you also want to show them off, at Handsome & Men we explain step by step how to wear suspenders for men.
Steps to follow to wear men’s suspenders:
- First of all, you should know that there are two types of suspenders for men, depending on how they are attached to the pants:
- With eyelets, to adjust them to the buttons of the pants.
- With clips that will hook directly onto the waistband.
2. The straps have a strip that is in the center of the back and two that go forward, one on each shoulder.
3. The first thing you should do is fix the back of the suspenders to the pants before putting them on, either by buttoning them or hooking them with the clip.
4. Next, put on your pants and put the front straps over your shoulders.
5. Fix them using the inside buttons of the trousers or with the clips hooked on the waistband.
6. Adjust the straps to your height, without them falling off but also preventing them from being too tight.
7. Keep in mind that you should never wear suspenders and a belt at the same time, since they fulfill the same function and the men’s suspenders will already hold the pants where they should go, preventing them from falling.
Probably you wanna read: